Researchers at UC San Diego and Scripps Institution of Oceanography set the pace for climate awareness in the 1950s. In the early 1960s, Charles Keeling provided the first proof ever that carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere were rising.
With a daily population of over 45,000 faculty, staff, students, and affiliates, UC San Diego provides the perfect working community to transform research ideas into real solutions.
Campus Sustainability Organizations
- Sustainability Resource Center
- Center for Energy Research
- San Diego Center for Algae Biotechnology
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Strategic Energy Initiatives
- Sustainable Solutions Institute
- Housing, Dining & Hospitality