Electric Vehicle Leasing/Sales Program
UC San Diego has partnered with BMW, Nissan and Ford to provide exclusive electric vehicle leasing and sales opportunities in support of the university’s clean transportation initiatives and ongoing research into electric vehicle charging.
For a limited time, students, faculty and staff can take advantage of these offers:
- Lease a 2017 BMW i3 for $199/month for 30 months.
- Receive a $10,000 cash rebate on the purchase of a 2016/2017 Nissan Leaf.i
- See offer details (PDF). Extended through March 31, 2017.
- Enroll in the No Charge to Charge Program (PDF)
- See offer details (PDF). Valid through April 3, 2017.
You must show a valid university ID at participating dealers to take advantage of these offers.
EV Charging on Campus
Make use of UC San Diego’s network of electric vehicle charging stations, considered one of the largest, most diverse range of electric vehicle charging stations at any university in the world. The campus currently has 60 charging stations and UC San Diego has entered into an agreement to increase the number of stations to over 150 in the next 12-18 months.
Participation in EV Study
Anyone who leases or purchases one of these vehicles will be invited to participate in an electric vehicle user study being conducted by UC San Diego and its research partners. Study participants will share information on their electric vehicle driving and charging experiences. This is an opt-in study and there is no obligation to participate.
If you have questions about these lease offers or EV charging on campus, contact Kevin Norris, (858) 534-0439.
- Reusable shopping bag discount: Bring in your own, save 5 cents per bag. Since most customers carry a backpack or live nearby, we don’t offer bags. If you need a bag, please ask.
- Reusable commuter mug discount: Use any reusable cup in all HDH dining facilities or markets and get $.20 off your drink total.