Test Drive the Toyota Mirai for Free
UC San Diego community members 21 and older with a valid driver’s license are invited to test drive Toyota’s new hydrogen fuel cell vehicle — the Mirai — for free Dec. 6, 2017 through Jan. 4, 2018 by visiting Fleet Services at the Campus Services Complex 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays (excluding holiday closer). Please bring a valid driver’s license. Toyota only requests your feedback via an anonymous two-minute survey.
Electric Vehicle Leasing/Sales Program: Supporting CA and UC’s Carbon Neutrality Initiatives and UC San Diego’s Research
UC San Diego has collaborated with BMW, Nissan and Ford to provide exclusive electric vehicle leasing and sales opportunities in support of California’s and University of California’s Carbon Neutrality Initiatives and UC San Diego’s vital research to accomplish these goals. In April 2017, University of California’s Office of the President named UC San Diego’s EV program as “Best Practice in Sustainable Transportation” and the program is being replicated at other UC campuses.
Students, faculty and staff can take advantage of these offers:
- Receive $10,000 off the purchase of any BMW i3.
- See offer details (PDF). Valid through Dec. 31, 2017.
- For 36 months, lease a 2017 Fusion Energi SE for $204/month, a 2017 Focus Electric for $133/month or a 2017 C-Max Energi SE for $141/month:
- See offer details (PDF). Valid through Nov. 30, 2017.
You must show a valid university ID at participating dealers to take advantage of these offers. Some dealerships are also offering these discounts to retirees. (Please check dealer offers for eligibility requiremnts.)
If your new car lease or purchase is not within these valid dates, please check back as discount offers are changing throughout the year.
Read more about electric vehicle rebates, adoption and dealer incentives (PDF).
EV Charging on Campus
Make use of UC San Diego’s network of electric vehicle charging stations, considered one of the largest, most diverse range of electric vehicle charging stations at any university in the world. The campus currently has 60 charging stations and UC San Diego has entered into an agreement to increase the number of stations to over 150 in the next 12-18 months.
Participation in EV Study
Anyone who leases or purchases one of these vehicles will be invited to participate in an electric vehicle user study being conducted by UC San Diego and its research partners. Study participants will share information on their electric vehicle driving and charging experiences. This is an opt-in study and there is no obligation to participate.
If you have questions about these lease offers or EV charging on campus, contact Kevin Norris, (858) 534-0439.
- Reusable shopping bag discount: Bring in your own, save 5 cents per bag. Since most customers carry a backpack or live nearby, we don’t offer bags. If you need a bag, please ask.
- Reusable commuter mug discount: Use any reusable cup in all HDH dining facilities or markets and get $.20 off your drink total.