UC San Diego is committed to sending zero waste to landfills by 2020.
What is #MyLastTrash?
The #MyLastTrash Campaign was designed to promote the goal of achieving zero waste by 2020 while aiming to change our behaviors associated with how we handle and reduce waste.
Refuse what you don’t need, reuse what you can and recycle what you can’t.
This concept was chosen with three main criteria in mind:
- Make zero waste personal. Hence the “My…”
- Include all the ways and reasons we think about waste and change our behaviors.
- Create a movement that will remain relevant until 2020.
- Take the Pledge: Commit to three simple actions to reduce waste. Pledge now.
- Spread the Word: Use #MyLastTrash on social media to share an example of waste reduction on any UC campus.
- Stay Informed: Read about how our campus is reducing waste.
- Share Your Story: Send us a story demonstrating what you, your classmates, student organization or department are doing to reduce waste on the UC San Diego campus. This could be a brief description of an event, activity or initiative accompanied by a photo. Submit your article.
- Become a Recycling Reporter: Join the UC San Diego Sustainability Team as a volunteer recycling reporter. Help us identify and highlight campus efforts to move closer to zero waste. Interested students can email Jennifer Bowser, Sustainability Resource Center Manager.
My campus. My community. My planet. #MyLastTrash.
Visit UC Zero Waste for more information.